Thursday, November 10, 2016

RIP Leonard Cohen

Having a bad week?  Me too.  And now some news to make it even worse since the universe just loves to pile it on.  Singer/songwriter/poet Leonard Cohen, one of the greatest lyricists of our time, passed away today at the age of 82.  He's been an inspiration on me for a long time, and even if i spent a thousand years writing a song, i'd never come anywhere close to writing anything as good as he ever did.

Listen to two of my favorites below, "Last Year's Man," and "Anthem."  I love you guys.  Goodnight.




1 comment:

  1. I love Leonard Cohen's albums, all of them. There's something about him that has always pulled me in and then I can't stop. Well, he can be a bit on the dark side and sometimes I can, too, so maybe that's it. It's like you said, sometimes the Universe just piles it on, but isn't it crazy that when that happens we listen to songs that almost make it worse; ha, misery loves company. Thank god the cloud eventually lifts.

    ReplyDelete